It’s not a secret that I love a good Bloody Mary. Not just during a Sunday brunch though, I like a Bloody Mary even in the evenings! This post will tell you all about Bloody Mary cocktails: recipes, garnishes, and a good pre-made mix for when you’re short on time or don’t like making your own drinks from scratch.
Bloody Mary is one of the healthiest cocktails out there, aside from the sodium content. If you make your own Bloody Mary though, you can choose a low-sodium juice.
Here is a graphic that gives you ideas on what ingredients to use to make lots of different Bloody Mary cocktails. It even tells you a classic recipe, which some people love, or you can use it as a starting point to create your own version:
Source: Fix.com Blog
You can get creative and crazy with a Bloody Mary recipe, that’s for sure!
If you don’t like making your own cocktails or don’t have time to get all the ingredients to whip it up, my favorite store-bought mix is the Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix. It comes with a lime green label and the name is easy to remember! I like to use the mix this way:
- Glass half full of ice
- 1 part vodka
- 3 parts Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 part water
As for my own recipe, I usually like to keep it simple. This recipe is for one pint-sized glass but of course, a bottle of tomato juice will make way more than one Bloody Mary.
- 1 part vodka (about 1 oz or 1 shot glass)
- 3 parts tomato juice (or vegetable juice) - low sodium (3 oz or 3 shot glasses)
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp jalapeño juice (mild or hot) - from a jar of pickled jalapeños
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Fill a pint-size glass half way with ice.
- Pour all ingredients into the glass and mix well.
- Add any garnishes you like, such as celery or pickles.
- Adding water is an option to dilute the drink if the tomato juice is too thick.