This is my favorite way to prepare zucchini…or eat zucchini, that is. I started popping these in my mouth about 5 seconds after I pulled them out of the oven. They’re kind of addictive. A whole cookie sheet of these roasted garlic zucchini slices, 2 medium zucchinis to be exact, is only 190 calories and full of healthy fats with some fiber and protein too.
How thick to slice the zucchini?
As you may notice, I like to slice the zucchini in various sizes to get a variety of how crispy the zucchini slices get. I also like to use a basting brush to try to get a bit of crushed garlic on every zucchini slice.
Look at that caramelized garlic. Perfection. Also, notice how far apart the zucchini slices are. I had them almost touching at the start – they shrank that much!
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced to desired thinness but not thicker than ½ inch
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a large cookie sheet. Using foil isn't necessary for this recipe but I always use it anyway.
- Wash and slice the zucchini to how thick or thin you'd like them. I recommend keeping them at ½ inch or smaller.
- Place the slices on the cookie sheet. Zucchini may touch but don't overlap them.
- Lightly salt & pepper the slices.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil and crushed garlic.
- Use a basting brush to brush the olive oil and garlic on each zucchini slice. Don't worry if garlic doesn't make it to all slices, most likely it will not unless you use more garlic.
- Bake for 30 minutes. No need to flip at any time.