Today I have a special recipe post. This is the first guest post on Kate’s Better Bite! This recipe was created by Viktor Milevski who lives all the way in Macedonia. He is the editor of the FashionCorner blog but he also loves to cook. He came up with these delicious Vegetarian Quesadillas With Mushrooms Cooked In Wine.
If you are looking for a fantastic, low-guilt snack for any occasion without having to spend hours in the kitchen, today I will present you a great recipe. The vegetarian quesadillas with mushrooms cooked in wine is a great recipe for a movie night with your family or for home parties. They are tasty, easy to make and are a true crowd-pleaser. They are crispy and golden at the edges and their interior is soft because of the melted cheese.
The best thing about these vegetarian quesadillas with mushrooms cooked in wine is that you can alter the ingredients so they can fit anyone’s dietary needs. You can make a meal with flour tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, or corn tortillas if you prefer the gluten-free variant. You can make them with chicken or you can opt for the vegetarian alternative with vegetables and cheese. You and your guests will enjoy this meal any way you make it. If there are any leftovers you can freeze and reheat them anytime you wish. Enjoy!
- 5 oz champignon mushrooms (or white mushrooms)
- 4 tortillas, 10 or 8 inch
- 3.5 oz yellow cheese (cheddar or other cow cheese)
- 2 oz sweet corn
- 6-7 green olives
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Oregano, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the mushrooms and the olives into thin slices and shred the cheese.
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When the oil is ready add the mushrooms and sprinkle some salt, pepper and oregano on top.
- Cook the mushrooms for 10 minutes until they get soft and release their juice.
- Add the red wine and cook the mushrooms for additional 5 to 10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir all the time.
- Turn the stove on low heat. In another pan, add a little bit of olive oil and place one tortilla inside.
- Start adding the ingredients on top of the tortilla, one by one. First the cheese and then continue with the corn, olives and the mushrooms.
- Finish by adding another tortilla on top. Press the top tortilla with your palms and after 2 minutes flip it, so the other tortilla can bake as well.
- Repeat the procedure with the other tortillas.
- When you are done, cut the tortillas into equal pieces and serve them with a tomato paste mixed with oregano and salt.
About the author:
Viktor Milevski is a perfectionist by nature, big enthusiast, great chef, blogger and a beer lover. Find out more about him on his fashion blog.